Welcome to my breeding and development site! This website covers all aspects of gerbil breeding, from beginning to end. You can learn how to clearly set out your goals, select your breeding pair and all about mating, birth and the development of the pups. Included on these pages are some wonderful gerbil pictures, especially those on the development page, of which I am particularly proud.
Gerbil Breeding Basics
- Creating a Plan: Things to consider and how to set out your goals before starting breeding.
- Gerbil Genetics: A clear explanation of the genetics behind gerbil coat colours.
- Housing: What should and shouldn't be in a breeding tank.
- Selecting your breeding pair:
A few things to consider when choosing your breeding pair.
- Introducing your pair:
How to introduce your gerbils safely.
The mating process as well as how to prevent breeding. Neutering is discussed.
How to tell if your gerbil is pregnant, including pictures.
- Birth A documentation of the entire birthing process.
- Pup development:
A day-by-day account of gerbil pup development.
- Sexing the pups:
How to tell the gender of your gerbil at 11 days, 5 weeks and adulthood.